At Northland Controls
Job Title: Technician
Reports To: Operations Manager
The mission of the position is to get more involved in the project assigned by working with the lead and making sure you are producing and achieving positive results, while being a good influence to the installers by teaching and delegating them appropriate tasks related to the project.
- Certifications in access control systems such as: Software House, C-Cure 9000, C-Cure 800, Lenel, S-2
- Must be certified and familiar with CCTV systems: Genetec, Endura by Pelco, Exaqvision, American Dynamics, Milestone, Intellix, Avigilon, Arecont Vision, ONSSI, Axis and Sony Cameras.
- Experience with power and hand tools such as: drills, impact tools, knock out tools and Hilti powered tools.
- Must know how to use and test different equipment such as: volti-meter, oscilloscope, data scanner.
- Must be familiar with construction blue print drawings.
- Ensure safety for self and others at all times.
- Configure IP cameras.
- Manage a two man crew.
- Develop a daily work schedule and report on progress.
- Read plans and install systems according to plans.
- Survey job, develop materials list, and maintain on-site inventory.
- Stand up to our mission and core values.
- Pull wires at construction sites.
- Fish wires for different devices.
- Install and troubleshoot different devices.
- Wire different access control panels.
- Communicate with the lead and be involved with making decisions associated with the project.
- Be creative, organized, and grasp new concepts with an open mind.
- Follow directions and be a good listener
- Document and maintain system architecture based on customer standards.
- Create test plans, coordinate with commissioning team and test systems.
- Install and troubleshoot different devices and access control/video systems.