At Northland Controls
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Location: Milpitas, California
Northland is a world-class global security integrator with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, China and India. We specialize in design, build, integration, and management of high-end Lenel, Software House, S2 global enterprise security systems which include 6 out of 10 of the largest hi-tech companies in Silicon Valley.
We are responsible for single card reader installations in some of the most remote parts of the world, all the way through to the design, deployment and management of large enterprise systems managing up to 300 corporate offices in over 70 countries including data centers and multi-faceted security operations centers.
With 250 highly trained professionals, all program management, project management, system design, system programming, testing and commissioning is carried out by Northland Controls experts to ensure we deliver the right solution, to the right standard, every time, anywhere in the world. In addition, Northland is supported by a network of over 100 in-country local service partners (LSPs) across the world who partner with Northland to deliver unparalleled world class services to our enterprise customers.
We are trusted to get the job done no matter what. Through word-of-mouth our elite list of customers has rewarded us with phenomenal growth from $1M to $70M in 10 years’. To achieve this, we are always interested in the very best people who share our core values and beliefs, and will “do whatever it takes” to enable our customers to realize their goals. We will take on difficult challenges regardless of where they may lead us, and we will always take the most honorable route to get there.
To be the most trusted and influential leader in the industry. By delivering exceptional services across the world, we are determined to continually surprise our customers, the industry and even ourselves while having fun.
The mission of this position is to support AR/AP, manage/complete month end close, financial statement analysis and work with external parties during audit and tax return preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience.
- Proven accounting experience in a professional environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with SAP is desired, ideally with SAP Business One.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who can work effectively as part of a four-person team responsible for AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Month end close, audit etc.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Monthly account reconciliations.
- Liaise with Controller to develop and improve financial procedures.
- Assist Controller in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives.
- Work with Corporate Controller to collect and analyze financial data.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Develop expertise in SAP Business One.
- Work with outside accountants in preparing annual reports, audits and tax returns.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
- Understanding of consolidated financial statements
- To work in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety standards and requirements; with the safety of self and others in mind at all times.