At Northland Controls
Northland Controls is looking for a Lead Technician to join our team of 250 professionals driven to do whatever it takes when it comes to delivering world-class security systems for clients all over the world. As a Lead Technician, your role is to work closely with the project manager and installation crew to make sure that systems are terminated and tested, properly installed, and all crew members are working to the Northland standard while staying on time and on budget. When we do whatever it takes, we embrace challenges, operate with honor, put people first, and we see that all as fun! In fact, they are our core values.
Your primary mission is performing installation, start-up and closeout of all jobs, assisting the Program Manager in design and scoping, and other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
- An abundance of faith and trust in our employees that they will do the right thing and get the job done beyond our demanding clients’ expectations
- A proven record of financial success and stability. We’ve grown from $1 million to close to $70 million in revenue in just 10 years
- Opportunities for growth, training, and advancement coupled with 401k matching, profit sharing, and health benefit choices
- A team of spirited, skilled, and respected experts in the security industry who love what they do and have fun doing it
- An opportunity to join this fast-growing company that serves some of the world’s most highly recognized brands
- Oh, and every two years employees have the opportunity to participate in the Northland Challenge, where we go somewhere in the world and find our way from one side of the country to the other without the use of technology. Oh, and we do a service project. But we can talk about all of this later.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the field of electronic control systems.
- Certification in at least two Access Control Systems (C-Cure, Lenel, S2, etc.) and one Video Monitoring System.
- An enthusiasm and ability to program and troubleshoot advanced electronic control systems.
- The ability to wire and troubleshoot relay logic like a superstar.
- The power to read blue prints and schematics with ease.
- Mastered the art of hand and power tool safety.
You May Also Have:
- A love of paperwork and documentation (Ok, so love may be too strong of a word. But there’s a lot of documentation in this job.)
- A superior ability to coordinate and communicate clearly among many people (You’ll need it in this job).
- A desire to take on challenges, learn from them, and join a fast-growing team of professionals who are leading the security industry with exceptional service.