At Northland Controls
Northland Controls is looking for an Application Engineer to join our team of 250 professionals driven to do whatever it takes when it comes to delivering world-class security systems for clients all over the world. As an Application Engineer, your role is to plan, organize, direct, control and implement application-related projects, upgrades, system migrations and commissioning. At Northland, when we do whatever it takes, we embrace challenges, operate with honor, put people first, and we see that all as fun! In fact, they are our core values.
Your primary mission is to configure, maintain and troubleshoot enterprise level access control, video system and database applications.
- An abundance of faith and trust in our employees that they will do the right thing and get the job done beyond our demanding clients’ expectations.
- A proven record of financial success and stability. We’ve grown from $1 million to close to $70 million in revenue in just 10 years
- Opportunities for growth, training, and advancement coupled with 401k matching, profit sharing, and health benefit choices.
- A team of spirited, skilled, and respected experts in the security industry who love what they do and have fun doing it.
- An opportunity to join this fast-growing company that serves some of the world’s most highly recognized brands.
- Oh, and every two years employees have the opportunity to participate in the Northland Challenge, where we go somewhere in the world and find our way from one side of the country to the other without the use of technology. Oh, and we do a service project. But we can talk about all of this later.
- One of these certifications:
- Expert Certified in Lenel
- SoftwareHouse CCure 9000 certified
- The ability to navigate through system database software to configure and troubleshoot data and hardware related issues.
- Proven experience with system upgrade process and practices, as well as methodical and careful planning is essential.
- The ability to delegate and organize responsibilities with projects involving multiple personnel which include, but are not limited to, scheduling and holding regular meetings with customers and team members to discuss system health and open tickets.
Extra Points if you have
- Certifications in Avigilon ACC/ACM, S2 Access Control Systems and Video Management Systems.
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise System architecture is a plus.
To Succeed, You Will Have:
- Superhero-like skills when it comes to monitoring and maintaining system health which includes database and application servers.
- Laser-like focus when testing, programming and trouble-shooting access control and digital video systems.
- Patience coupled with the ability to troubleshoot system/network related issues over the phone with customers and vendors.
- The spirit of a teacher when training customers and technicians on respective systems.
- A desire to take on challenges, learn from them, and join a fast-growing team of professionals who are leading the security industry with exceptional service