At Northland Controls
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the mission of Financial Analyst is to develop, analyze and maintain short-term and long-term forecasts of the company under a variety of operating assumptions through collaboration with internal business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Experience in a Financial Planning and Analyst role
- Exposure and knowledge of various financial functions and processes with hands-on project management experience
- High attention to detail and superior problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- 10+ years Accounting and/or Finance experience is preferred
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Analyze data for trends and provide recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Continually strive to create efficient accounting processes using SAP in collaboration with all internal departments
- Effectively collaborate with regional finance teams on global issues and worldwide finance initiatives, analyze margins and actual versus forecast results
- Develop, maintain, and improve a financial model that covers regional and business unit views of Northland, incorporating Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements
- Work with senior management to analyze the impact of different operating assumptions
- Generate discounted cash flow valuation of the company
- Identify, forecast, and track key financial and operational metrics
- Create and maintain corporate allocation model
- Partner with business units on understanding and utilizing pricing models
- Use model to project compliance with bank covenants
- Lead and provide support for operational improvement projects within the finance function
- Other duties as assigned.
This position holds no formal supervisory authority, responsible for reporting insights to senior level of management.
This is an office environment. Noise level is light to moderate.
This is largely a sedentary role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a work week.
This position may on occasion travel out of country to other Regions including Northland Headquarters in Milpitas, California.
Must be authorized to work in the country of employment.