At Northland Controls
Job Title: Application Engineer
Reports To: Application Engineering Manager
Department: Application Engineering
The mission of the Application Engineer is to be responsible for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise level access control, video system and database applications. Will plan, organize, direct, control and implement application-related projects, upgrades, system migrations and commissioning.
- Must have one of these certifications below:
- Expert Certified in Lenel or;
- SoftwareHouse CCure 9000 certified.
- Certifications in Avigilon ACC/ACM, S2 Access Control Systems and Video Management Systems are plus.
- Must be able to navigate through system database software to configure and troubleshoot data and hardware related issues.
- Demonstrated experience with system upgrade process and practices as well as methodical and careful planning is essential.
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise System architecture is a plus.
- Ability to delegate and organize responsibilities with projects involving multiple personnel is essential which include but not limited to Scheduling and holding regular meetings with customers and team members to discuss system health and open tickets.
- Responsible for meeting with clients to determine their system needs.
- Ability to work with design team to engineer complete system(s).
- Monitor and maintain system health which includes Database and application Servers.
- Test, program and troubleshoot access control and digital video systems.
- Follow assigned projects through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems.
- Create test plans and test systems.
- Install complete turnkey system (software and hardware).
- Customize system to tailor to customers’ business model.
- Work off hours to support customers and technicians globally.
- Troubleshoot system/network related issues over the phone with customers and vendors.
- Ability to train customers and technicians on respective systems.
- Be available for 24 hour phone support.
- Document and maintain system architecture and parameters specific to customer.
- To work in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety standards and requirements; with the safety of self and others in mind at all time.